2/23/2005

Jimmy Carter, Highlights

A few people have responded to my repeated castigation of Jimmy Carter, wanting to know why exactly I despise the former President like I do. They cite his humanitarian work, the Carter Center, and so forth. Fortunately, I am spared the effort of a comprehensive reply because Spoons beat me to the punch. Read his account of Carter's repeated betrayals of innocent people everywhere, and particularly note the comment thread. The comment by Boris A. Kupershmidt, who escaped from Russia in 1978, is particularly telling. (Warning: some profanity.)

If Jimmy Carter were to retire from world affairs tomorrow, half a dozen dictatorships would become democracies within a year. That he ever managed to become President is an abiding disgrace to the American electorate.

No comments: