4/22/2005

Happy Passover

Pesach, or Passover, starts Saturday night, which means that I will not be blogging for the next several days. I would leave you with some incisive and thoughtful (or at least naively pretentious) commentary, but I've spent most of today cooking and cleaning. So I'll just leave you with a quick note:

Chametz, or leaven, is seen to symbolize arrogance. The process of cleaning leaven from the house is meant to parallel a similar process of introspection and self-improvement, and removing arrogance from your nature. As you go through the weekend, try to take the opportunity to think about yourself and your character, and see if you can't identify one area to work on. I know I've got quite a list...

Drink lots of water or have lots of prunes. You'll be much happier that way, trust me. Have fun!

No comments: